Sunday 28 October 2007

Chilly duathlon 25th Nov

I've just entered this event at castle combe, so far there are 128 other competitors registered and I would guess that all of these will be riding a bike with two wheels that are the same size! I would also expect the other bikes to have gears and brakes that work, but where's the fun in that?

I like to have a few events to look forward to in the winter as I find it can be a dark and depressing time. Today was the first day this year that I have had to deal with daylight saving. This is someones bright idea to put the clocks back an hour in the winter so that we can all get to come home from work in the dark. Today wasn't too bad as I finish at 4pm on a Sunday but in the week I will be riding home in the dark at 5.30pm. I really don't like the dark long nights, I can put up with the cold and wet but the dark gets to me....

No comments: