Monday 10 March 2008

Slide show at the Dragon

Some time ago I was contacted by a local cycle club to see if I would do a presentation about my penny farthing adventures. At the time I was really excited about doing it but now the time is almost here, it's on friday 14th at 8pm in the Dragon on the tything in Worcester, I'm getting quite nervous...

Presentations are not really my thing so I hope my slide show goes ok, I'm told people are really looking forward to it so hopefully it will be alright on the night!

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.....

Quick update... The show went well, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. The real ale in the pub probably helped though! It's one thing blogging and typing rubbish but it's another to stand up and say it. Not sure I'll do too many more presentations but in the end I quite enjoyed doing it..

I'm not doing much tonight as in the morning I'm doing a local duathlon as a relay with my Dad doing the running and me the cycling. So I'm trying not to drink too much so that I don't let the side down, I expect Dad is having an equally dull night too...

2 comments:

Kurious said...

wow. So what did you talk about? what did you tell them? how do you sum up a penny farthing in words?

Davep said...

Hi Kurious Kat! To start with my plan was just to cover my coast to coast ride, as the talk was too the local cycling tourist club, but I didn't have enough pictures to just do this. So it ended up being a slide show of about 100 photos of my penny history, from learning to ride, competitions, the things people say, the coast to coast and all the other trips I've made on the penny. You and your bike featured a couple of times, from my trips to London, too.
I made it up as I went along, no script, just went through the pictures before hand and got things straight in my mind. The local cycling tourist club loved it and want me back if I do the end to end on the penny!
Anyway, thanks for checking in on the blog and we must try to finish organising our scarecrow ride soon... Dave.