Wednesday 2 January 2008

2008

Happy new year everyone! Loads of people make new years resolutions and don't keep them, me included. This year I have decided to put some of mine in print, hopefully this will encourage me to stick with them.


My resolutions are more like targets so here goes:
1) Ride the penny farthing from Lands end to John O'groats.
2) Do a personal best 10mile time trial on my road bike, 23mins 37secs to beat. (on my normal bike) JUST MISSED THIS ONE / 23MINS 39SECS... 30th Aug 22mins 2 seconds.. Come on!
3) Do a 25mile time trial in under an hour. (on normal bike) ALMOST... 1HOUR 3MINS 19 SEC ON A HILLY COURSE 27th july 58mins 51seconds..
4) Do the club hill climb up Ankerdine in under 3mins 30seconds. (deffinately on normal bike) just done 3mins 28secs on my fixie..
If I put my mind to it I think I can do them all......
Anyway, on a different note here is a scan of my favorite Christmas card of 2007. I received it from a fellow penny farthing nut, Pete. Pete lives in Ireland and he goes to Evendale for the world championships each year. I had asked him for some advice on packing a penny for the flight. He sent me back a great letter and this card. Unfortunatly I will not be able to go to Evendale this year but I'm sure the advice will come in handy one day. So thanks Pete and good luck in Evendale.






No comments: