Sunday 24 June 2007

My plans for Penny



As you may have guessed, I have a bit of an interest in cycling and this has somehow led me to the penny farthing, I'm not sure why this is but now that I have a penny I intend to use it. So far I have done a few local club time trials on it and on the 5th of August 2007 I have entered a duathlon at Castle combe. The photo here shows the choice of bikes that I could use for the 12 mile bike leg. 44lbs of penny farthing, or 17lbs of low profile carbon and alloy. It's a bit of a no contest really. The Dolan will be staying at home, I mean, two wheels the same size? It will never catch on! When I first entered the duathlon I did it for a bit of fun, and to raise some money for charity, but now I am determined not to come last. My job will be made a bit harder as I am also doing the event in period fancy dress provided by Sarah at Masquerade Worcester http://www.fancy-dress.uk.com/contact/contact.htm I should be fairly easy to spot if anyone wants to make a donation! I've spent a bit more time running recently as I think if I can do a couple of half decent runs I may be able aviod last place.

No comments: